Please read the following terms and conditions carefully as it sets out the terms of a legally binding agreement between you (the reader) and Illumine Knowledge Resources Private Limited.
2. Registration Access and Use
We welcome users to register for any of our Services. Our registration services may be subject to change in the future. All changes will be appended in the terms and conditions page and communicated to existing users by email.
Registration services are offered for individuals only. If multiple individuals propose to access the same account or for corporate accounts kindly contact or write in to us. Subscription rates will vary for multiple same time accesses.
The nature and volume of Illumine Services you consume on the Websites will vary according to the type of registration you choose, on the geography you reside or the offer you subscribe to. The details of each of these services and access offered for each account have been listed on the respective Websites and/or mobile sites and/or mobile application which fall under the umbrella of Illumine services.
We may in exceptional circumstances cease to provide subscription services. We will give you at least 7 days notice of this, if possible. If we do so, then we will have no further obligation to you.
On registration, we expect you to provide us with an accurate and complete information of the compulsory fields. We also expect you to keep the information secure, specifically access passwords and payment information. Kindly update the information periodically to keep your account relevant. We will rely on any information you provide to us and are not responsible if our service is not delivered to you because of incorrect contact information.
Each registration is for a single user only. On registration, you will choose an email ID for your user name and a password (“ID”). You are not allowed to share your ID or give access to your account to anyone else. Illumine Services subscription for individual users does not allow multiple users on a network or within an organization to use the same ID. On knowledge, we may cancel or suspend your access to Illumine Services if it comes across that you are sharing your personal access without further obligation to you.
You are responsible for all the use of Illumine Services made by you or anyone else using your ID and for preventing unauthorised use of your ID. If you believe there has been any breach of security such as the disclosure, theft or unauthorised use of your ID or any payment information, you must notify us immediately by e-mailing us at email@example.com. We recommend that you do not select an obvious user password (such as your name).
If you provide us with an email address that will result in any messages being sent to you via a network or device operated or owned by a third party (e.g., your employer or college) then you promise that you are entitled to receive those messages. To ensure emails land in your inbox, you will add Illumine mail receipt id:firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe list.
As a registered user of or subscriber to one or more of Illumine Services, your ID will be ‘remembered’ on the devices you use to enable you to be logged in automatically to respective Illumine Services whenever you visit them without having to manually log in each time. We recommend that you ‘log out’ on any internet-enabled computer/ device that is or may be used by anyone other than you in order to prevent unauthorized access by third parties to both, your subscription details and features of Illumine Services personal to you.
4. Premium Subscription Services
Premium subscription services will include additional access to behind the paywall content of Illumine Services. The nature of content behind the paywall is subject to change; the final decision of which lies with Illumine.
Types of subscription:
- Services may differ from country to country and the device from which you subscribe.
- Subscriptions packages and price may also vary in time.
- All subscription services are for registered individual users only. There is no exception even in the case of Bulk subscriptions purchased by an institution/ collective/ association. Please read Bulk Subscriptions given below for more details.
- From time to time, we may choose to gift premium subscription services to select individuals free of cost. These Gift Subscriptions are meant exclusively only for the selected individual and is non-transferable to others. The choice & selection of individuals to whom we gift a subscription lies in the sole discretion of any authorized person from Illumine.
- You may also wish to buy and gift a premium subscription service to an individual of your choice. We will only assist in the purchase of a premium subscription service and in notifying the recipient of the same. It is your responsibility to provide accurate contact details of the Gift recipient. We will not refund, cancel or transfer a Gift Subscription in case of incorrect contact details of the recipient.
- All Gift Subscriptions may carry an expiry or validity date before which the recipient or beneficiary needs to activate it.
- The registration, activation and use of a Gift Subscription is solely the choice of the gift recipient. We do not take any responsibility for the activation, use or non-use of the subscription by the beneficiary or gift recipient.
- Institutions/ collectives/ associations may choose to avail discounts for bulk subscriptions. The discounts vary depending on the number of subscriptions purchased and will be mentioned on the Website and confirmed at the time of payment.
- The responsibility for distributing, activating and using of Subscriptions lies with the individual who initiated the payment or fees from the institution/ collective/ association. Since Subscriptions are meant for individual users only, it is also institution/ collective/ association’s responsibility for preventing the misuse of Subscriptions.
- The registration, activation and use of a Bulk Subscription service is solely the choice of the individual recipient belonging to or associated with the institution/ collective/ association. We do not take responsibility for the activation and use of the already paid subscription by the recipient.
- The Subscription fee or payment is for access to a fixed amount of content behind the paywall of an Illumine Service. The access to such content is for a fixed period of time that is mentioned on the Website before payment.
- On payment, we will try to process your subscription service request promptly but does not guarantee that your subscription will be activated by any specified time.
- By submitting your payment and other subscription details, you are making an offer to us to buy Premium subscription service – for yourself, for someone else or for a collective of individuals. Your offer will only be accepted by us and a contract formed when we have successfully verified your payment details, at which point we will provide you (or, in the case of a Gift Subscription, the recipient of the gift) with access to the subscription. We reserve the right to reject any offer in our discretion, for any or no reason.
- We reserve the right to terminate a subscription, disable a user account at our discretion.
- If you are the recipient of any gift or bulk Subscription (i.e. already paid premium subscription service), it is completely your choice to accept and activate it or not. Once accepted, the Terms outlined in this Policy apply to you, and therefore to your use of the Websites and access to any Illumine Service in accordance with these Terms, and all references to “your” or “you” (other than in relation to payment, fees, and refunds).
- When you purchase a subscription, you must provide us with complete and accurate payment information. By submitting payment details, you promise that you are entitled to purchase a subscription using those payment details. If we do not receive payment authorization or any authorization is subsequently cancelled, we may immediately terminate or suspend your access to your subscription. In suspicious circumstances we may contact the issuing bank/payment provider and/or law enforcement authorities or other appropriate third parties. If you are entitled to a refund under these terms and conditions, we will credit that refund to the card or other payment method you used to submit payment, unless it has expired in which case, we will contact you.
- You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided by us is neither a banking nor a financial service. We are merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment, receiving payment on delivery, collection and remittance facility for the transactions on the Website using the existing authorized banking infrastructure, credit card payment gateway networks, wallets, etc. Further, by providing payment facility, we are neither acting as trustees nor acting in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the transaction or the transaction price.
- The subscription price will be made clear to you on our sign-up pages or otherwise during the sign-up process and may vary from time to time, by region or by country.
- You agree to pay the fees at the rates notified to you at the time you purchase your subscription.
- Subscription to premium Illumine Services are of varying frequencies, durations, topics and quantity.
- The currency in which your subscription is payable will be specified during the order process, depending on the service and your country of residence.
- Eligibility for any discounts is ascertained at the time you subscribe and cannot be changed during the term of your subscription.
- We will always tell you in advance of any increase in the price of your subscription and offer you an opportunity to cancel it if you do not wish to pay the new price.
- Subscription and access to content services fall under the purview of Service Tax as per the current indirect taxation policy, Government of India.
- Taxes are applicable for consumption of Illumine Services and other products of Illumine Knowledge Resources for customers based in India and outside the country.
- Unless otherwise indicated, prices stated on our Website are inclusive of applicable Taxes.
- If we incorrectly state a price to you whether online or otherwise, even if we have mistakenly accepted your offer to buy a subscription at that price, and we reserve the right to subsequently notify you of any pricing error, so that you can choose to pay the revised price.
- If we do this, you may cancel the subscription without any obligation to us and we will refund you any money you have paid us in full, or you may pay the correct price.
- If you refuse to exercise either of these choices then we may cancel your subscription and will refund you any money you have paid us in full.
- We will always act in good faith in determining whether a genuine pricing error has occurred.
In addition to any subscription fees you pay, you are responsible for paying any internet connection or other telecommunications charges that you may incur by accessing Illumine Services.
5. Subscription Period, Renewal and Cancellation of Premium Subscriptions
For each and every subscription-based Illumine Service, the following subscription principles hold:
We currently don’t offer auto-renewals for any of the Illumine Services. You can choose to buy a fresh subscription upon completion. We will notify you 14 days in advance when your subscription is about to end.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- Since all subscriptions are currently digital, by placing your order you agree that we may start your subscription immediately upon our accepting your order.
- This means that you are not entitled to a refund if you change your mind after we have provided you with access to your subscription.
- Your subscription ends automatically when the period for which you signed-up ends. However, if you wish to terminate your subscription before its full term, you may notify us of your wish by contacting us at email@example.com. To enable us to unsubscribe you please provide us with your Full Name, Email address and Contact number (as was in the subscription order form) clearly written out.
- Although you may notify us of your intention to cancel at any time, and we will unsubscribe you from the Service, you will not be entitled to a refund for the same.
- With respect to Gift and Bulk Subscriptions, the person responsible for payments and fees is the person who initially purchased the gift/ bulk Subscription and only that person may receive any refunds or other payments that may be due.
- Unused, un-activated, and expired gift or bulk Subscription packages cannot be refunded.
Cancellation by us:
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your subscription if you breach these terms and conditions, with or without notice and without further obligation to you.
- We may also suspend or terminate your subscription if we are prevented from providing services to you by circumstances beyond our control.
- If we terminate your subscription for any reason and/or permanently cease to provide the respective Illumine Services, unless there are exceptional circumstances, we will provide you with a pro rata refund via the payment method you have used. This means that we will (i) refund you with any amounts that you have paid us in advance that relate to any remaining and unexpired period of your subscription and (ii) if you have purchased Gift or Bulk Subscriptions, we will refund the amount paid in advance for the number of unused or un-activated Gift subscriptions/ Bulk subscriptions that haven’t expired yet i.e. are still valid for use.
Cancellation of your registration:
- If you are a registered user, but not a subscriber, then we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your registration at any time, with or without notice and without further obligation to you.
- If you would like to cancel your registration then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Content ownership
Illumine Services and their entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof) are owned by Illumine Knowledge Resources, its licensors or other providers of such material, and are protected by Indian and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. This Policy permits you to use Illumine Services for your non-commercial use only. No right, title or interest in or to the Illumine Services or any content on the Illumine Services is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted in a prior written permission of an authorized representative of Illumine Knowledge Resources, are reserved by Illumine Knowledge Resources Pvt. Ltd.
You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on the Websites, except as follows:
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes
- You may cite Illumine and the author when sharing ideas or quotes as per the format for citation as mentioned in How to use
- If we provide social media features at any time, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You may not:
- use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text; or
- delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from Illumine Services; or
- access or use, for any commercial purposes, any part of Illumine Services or any services or materials available through the Services.
The Company name, the Company logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans, are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You may not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Websites are the trademarks of their respective owners.
7. User Generated Content
Illumine Services may from time-to-time provide interactive services such as message boards, chat rooms, forums, ‘share’, and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Generated Content”) on or through the Website. All User Generated Content (UGC) must comply with the Content Standards set out in this Policy.
- Any UGC that you post will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, to the extent permitted by law. By providing UGC , you grant us and our successors the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material. You promise that you own or control all rights in and to the UGC and have the right to grant such license to us. You agree that you will have no claim or other recourse against us for infringement of any proprietary right with respect to your UGC . You acknowledge and agree that you waive any moral (or similar) rights that you may have in any territory in respect of UGC, including but not limited to, the right to be attributed as the author of the UGC.
- If you provide a UGC to be published or displayed on public areas of the Illumine Services, or transmitted to other users of the Illumine Services or any third parties, you accept that your UGC are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Illumine Services or any third parties with whom you may choose to share your UGC . Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your UGC will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- UGC must be accurate and comply with all applicable laws in the country from which they are posted and in India. You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any UGC you submit or contribute, and you, not us, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness. We are not responsible, or liable to any third-party, for the content or accuracy of any UGC posted by you or any other user of the Websites.
These content standards apply to all UGC and use of Interactive Services. UGC must in their entirety comply with all applicable local and international laws and regulations.
Without limiting the foregoing, UGC must not:
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any third-party
- Infringe the legal rights (including the right of publicity and privacy) of others or contain any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization
- Involve commercial activities or sales
- Be likely to deceive or give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by Illumine Knowledge Resources, or any other person or entity
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right, but not the obligation, to review, screen or edit any UGC. You accept that such content does not reflect our views and are not endorsed by us.
We have the right to:
- remove or refuse to post any UGC for any reason;
- take any action with respect to UGC that we deem necessary or appropriate;
- disclose your identity or other information about you to any third-party who in our opinion reasonably claims that material posted by you infringes their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy;
- take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Websites;
- terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Illumine Services.
We do not undertake to review material before it is posted on the Illumine Services Websites, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third-party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or non-performance of the activities described in this section.
It is not possible for us to fully monitor all UGC published on Illumine Services but where we have actually received notice of any UGC that is potentially misleading, untrue, offensive, unlawful, infringes third party rights or is potentially in breach of these terms and conditions, we will review that UGC, decide whether to remove it from Illumine Services and act accordingly. This may include banning a user from participation in UGC on Illumine Services. If you believe that any UGC published on Illumine Services infringes any legal rights that you may have or is not allowed under these terms and conditions, please notify us immediately with specific details by writing to us at email@example.com.
8. Third Party Sites and Services
Illumine Services may contain links to other Internet websites or online and mobile services provided by independent third parties, (what we call “Third Party Sites”), that may appear on Illumine Services either directly or through frames. Third Party Sites also include co-branded with Illumine Knowledge Resources and so include Illumine Knowledge Resources’ trademarks.
9. Linking to the Websites and social media features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part (unless you have received the express written consent from an authorized person of the Company).
Illumine Services may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on the Websites.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content or links to specific content on the Websites.
- Cause limited portions of content on the Websites to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with, and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you/ you are responsible for.
- Cause the Websites or portions of them to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site
- Otherwise take any action with respect to the materials on the Websites that is inconsistent with any other provision of this policy.
The website from which you are linking, or on which you make certain content accessible, must comply in all respects with the Content Standards set out in this Policy. You agree to cooperate with us to immediately cease any unauthorized framing or linking caused by you. Illumine Knowledge Resources reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice, in our discretion.
10. Our Responsibilities towards You
A summary of what this section means:
This section is important and you should read it carefully. It makes clear to what extent, if any, we accept responsibility (liability) to you for your use of Illumine Services in or in respect of any third party products or services that we refer to or any other link to/ on Illumine Services.
Unless you are a premium subscriber to one or more of Illumine Services, we accept no financial responsibility to you arising from your use of Illumine Services or the content, and links published on Illumine Services.
If you are a premium subscriber for Illumine Services, we limit our financial responsibility to you arising from your use of Illumine Services and/or the premium services you consume on Illumine Services to the price you paid for your subscription.
In no circumstances do we accept responsibility for your use of third party sites or services, links in respect of any third party products.
We do not take any responsibility and we are not liable for any damage caused through use of products or services purchased through these Websites, be it indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages (including but not limited to damages for loss of business, loss of profits, interruption or the like).
Limitations of content published on Illumine Services:
- All content published on Illumine Services (including any information we publish regarding Third Party Products) is only for your general information and educational purposes and is not intended to address your particular requirements. In particular, content created by us, our syndication partners, including UGC and any other content provided by third parties and distributed by Illumine Services, does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation, representation, endorsement or arrangement by us. It is not intended to be and should not be relied upon by users in making (or refraining from making) any specific investment, purchase, sale or other.
- Any agreements, transactions or other arrangements made between you and any third party named on (or linked to from) Illumine Services are at your own responsibility and entered into at your own risk.
What we promise:
We promise to develop and operate Illumine Services with reasonable skill & care and will use reasonable efforts to promptly remedy any faults of which it is aware or made aware of.
What we do not promise:
- We do not provide any promises or warranties other than defined above.
- The content is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- The above disclaimers apply to your use of Illumine Services. Without limiting the above, we are not liable for matters beyond its reasonable control.
- We do not control third party communications networks (including your internet service provider), the internet, acts of god or the acts of third parties.
Our financial responsibility to you:
You agree that if we are in breach of these terms and conditions, we will only be responsible to you for any damages that you incur arising out of your use of Illumine Services (to the extent that our liability is not otherwise excluded by this section 10) as follows:
- If you incur any loss as a result of using Illumine Services or any Content outside the scope of these terms and conditions, we accept no responsibility (liability) to you for this.
- You will be responsible for all claims, liabilities, damages, cost and expenses suffered or incurred as a result of your breach of these terms and conditions.
- We will only be responsible for loss or damage you suffer which is the reasonably foreseeable result of our breach of a legal duty of care owed to you.
The limitations of liability in this section 10 apply for the benefit of Illumine Knowledge Resources, its affiliates, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or any company who we transfer our rights and obligations to in accordance with these terms and conditions.
To the full extent permitted by law you acknowledge and agree that our third party content and data suppliers have no liability whatsoever to you in respect of any of their data supplied to you as part of Illumine Services.
- You may not license or transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions. We may transfer any of our rights or obligations under these terms and conditions to any individual, organization or entity but if we do so we will ensure that any company/individual/entity to whom we transfer our rights or obligations will continue to honour your rights under them. Any resultant changes to the terms and conditions will be intimated to you via email and updated on this Website.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which will remain in full force and effect.
- Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- Headings in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and will have no legal meaning or effect.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Illumine Knowledge Resources Private Limited for your use of Illumine Services. They supersede all previous communications, representations and arrangements, either written or oral.
12. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
Even if you are a user whose principal address or principal use of Illumine Services occurs in any jurisdiction across the world, these these terms and conditions will be subject to Indian law.
Both you and we agree that the competent courts in Mumbai, India will have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these terms and conditions.
13. Changes to Terms and Conditions and Validity
These terms and conditions were published on 29th Nov 2018.
These terms and conditions were updated on 12th Sep 2019.
14. Who Your Personal Subscription Contract is with
If you subscribe to any of the Illumine Services, and are resident in any country, then you will be contracting with:
Illumine Knowledge Resources Private Limited
No.3, Khurshed House
604-D, Lady Jehangir Road
Dadar (East), Mumbai 400014.