Illumine Knowledge Resources Pvt. Ltd. takes the privacy of its users seriously. It has adopted information management guidelines for its customer relationships designed to respect the customer’s privacy and preferences.
IKR endeavours to comply with all laws and regulations that apply to the collection and use of personal information, including but not limited to Indian privacy laws.
- Quick Guide to Contents
- What Type of information does IKR collect?
- How does IKR use information about you?
- Does IKR share personal information with third parties?
- How long is personal information retained for?
- How is personal information secured?
- What are your rights and choices?
- Contact Us
1. What type of information does IKR collect?
There are several ways we may collect information from or about you, including through (A) information you provide to us directly; and (B) information that we automatically or passively collect.
A. Information You Provide
The personal information collected by IKR may include Name, postal address, phone number, and e-mail address.
We may also collect information about you such as:
- If you create an account – your username, password, and other demographic information that you provide.
- If you make any purchases/ subscription from Illumine Services – what you buy, and how frequently you buy.
- If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways – demographics information that you provide and information about subjects that may interest you.
- If you connect your account to another service such as LinkedIn or Twitter, the other service may send us your registration or profile information on that service that you authorize. This information enables cross-platform data sharing to improve your user experience.
B. Information We Automatically Collect
C. Information Collected from Other Sources
We may acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information that you provide or that we collect automatically. We may use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services or other offers that may be of interest to you, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes.
D. Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our online services across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third party sources.
2. How Does IKR Use Information About You?
IKR may use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To allow us to process orders, registrations, and customer service inquiries.
- To communicate with you about your orders, purchases, accounts, and requests for information.
- To provide you with information about products and services we offer (if you agree to receive such information).
- To address problems with Illumine Services , and to protect the security or integrity of Illumine Services.
We also use anonymous or aggregated information to allow us to audit site usage, and to provide support services to us.
We will have a lawful basis for processing your data if:
- We need to process your information in order to provide you with the products or services you have requested or to enter into a contract;
- You have consented to such processing;
- We have a legitimate interest for processing your data – e.g., for fraud prevention; network and information systems security; data analytics; enhancing, modifying or improving our services; identifying usage trends; and/or
- We are legally obliged to process it.
3. Does IKR Share Personal Information with Third Parties?
We do not share your personal information except in the limited circumstances described here. We may share your personal information with:
- Our Affiliates: We may share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries bearing the Illumine brand for business, operational, promotional and marketing purposes.
- Third Party Service Providers: We may share your information with third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us (including to the extent necessary or desirable to fulfil or ship your order or complete your transaction), help us operate our business and any of our websites, or administer activities on our behalf.
- School: If you access our content through an academic curriculum in your school or university, we may share personally-identifiable information about your progress, scores, results, logon and logoff times, and similar data with your school. We do not share this information with any outside entities other than your school.
- Corporate: If you access our content through a corporate curriculum in your company / organisation or use any of our services for recruitment into a corporate/ organisation, we may share personally-identifiable information about your progress, scores, results, logon and logoff times, and similar data with them. We do not share this information with any outside entities other than the respective company/ organisation.
- Legal Obligations; Safety: We may access and disclose your information to respond to subpoenas, judicial processes, or government requests and investigations, or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law. We may disclose your information to protect the security of our site, servers, network systems, and databases. We also may disclose your information as necessary, if we believe that there has been a violation of our Master Terms and Conditions, any other legal document or contract related to our services, or the rights of any third party.
4. How Long is Personal Information Retained For?
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services; and after that, we will keep the personal information for a reasonable period of time, which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to your account.
5. How is Personal Information Secured?
IKR maintains appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information.
While we take these steps to protect your personal information as much as we reasonably can, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network, or any storage of data, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
6. What are Your Rights and Choices?
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access and rights to the personal data that you may have provided through your use of our website and services. You may update, amend, or delete your account information and/or preferences at any time.
Please note that if you make any requests for changes or updates on your account, these will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time; however, we may retain certain data when we have a legal obligation or lawful basis to do so.
You may decline to share certain personal data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the website.
7. Contact Us
Illumine Knowledge Resources Private Limited
No.3, Khurshed House
604-D, Lady Jehangir Road
Dadar (East), Mumbai 400014.